Pages

Clean Up Your Diet If You Want Better and Faster Results

Clean Up Your Diet If You Want Better and Faster Results
There was a time when I could eat anything and everything on the table or in the fridge without a worry of adding a pound. One of the reasons why I started to work out, was so that I could never feel guilty about indulging in tasty food.  I ate everything in moderation and didn’t pay attention to the types of food I was eating and how they were affecting me. I was content with that, because my workouts were intense and I stayed in shape.  But I didn’t have big shoulders like that werewolf kid in Twilight or shredded obliques and v-shape of lower abs like Bratt Pitt in Troy.  But I was strong.  My endurance was excellent and every time I’d hit the gym, I’d be getting faster and stronger.  Clothed, I had a great body silhouette. Take the shirt off and you could see a nice layer of hibernating fat.
20-30% of my fitness success was covered by the workouts alone, 70-80% was neglected.  That was my diet.  Through my studies and fitness training I knew well enough that 70-80% of your fitness results depend on your diet.  Although I preached it to my clients, but I never practiced it myself.  I have enough training and background to understand the impact nutrition has on one’s health and fitness. But as the old saying, the shoemaker’s kids always go barefoot. I neglected to take my own advice and failed to apply my expertise to my personal health.
Recently, however, I was prompted to change my ways for a number of reasons.  First, my wife has our baby due in mid-Fall, and I couldn’t be any more excited and happier. And for some reason I am very motivated to cut my BF% by a third, at least.  Second, I saw a very unflattering picture of myself.  I thought I was in a decent shape, even with 16% BF but I was embarrassed with by the emergence of the spare tire.  Lastly, one of the fellow trainers at the Studio Fitness recommended I check a book called Eat Right for Your Type, after I asked about how he got ripped.   In ‘Eat Right for Your Type,’ author Dr. Peter D’Adamo argues that everyone should eat foods based on their blood type.  This perfect storm, a triple threat if you will, sparked my motivation